Thursday, 5 February 2015

Leftover Paint Storage

When we bought our house a couple of years ago one of the first things on my list was to repaint the interior walls. So we went to town on it and I think I repainted every single wall inside my house. I just love how a simple coat of paint and the right colour can completely change the look and feel of a room.

So after using about 10 or so different coloured paints, what did I do with all the leftovers?

Well at first simply painted the colour onto the lid of the can and they were stored in their tins at the bottom of my linen closet. That wasn't really working for me at all. With young children always running around the house I was always digging through the tins to find some paint for a touch up job.

So I went to the internet for some inspiration!



I really loved Jen's from iHeart Organizing idea which used labels on the top of mason jars, but the problem with that was I had too much paint to fit in the jar and they just weren't stacking as nicely as I would have liked.

So instead I looked at pantry containers. They were perfect because they came in a range of different sizes, stacked onto each other, and were airtight so my paint wouldn't dry up.

I found my clear containers at Kmart. The small ones were $2 and the big ones were $3.

Then I made some labels using the software that came with my Silhouette Cameo (Silhouette Studio), printed them onto adhesive sticker paper and cut them out.

On the labels I included the Brand, Name of the Colour and the Finish so that I could repurchase if I ever need to in the future.





So much better and now I don't have to cringe everytime I open my linen closet.